Deformation joints can be divided into three types: deformation joints, settlement joints and anti-vibration joints according to their functions. There are six types of type and load-bearing type. Components such as expansion joints and building walls are often damaged irregularly due to temperature changes, so that there is room for expansion and contraction in the longitudinal direction of the building. Such joints are called expansion joints or temperature joints.
A settlement joint is a vertical slot set in place and divided into several elements with better stiffness (ie integrity) so that adjacent elements can settle freely. It differs from an expansion joint in that it is structurally separate from the building foundation and roof. Since the settlement joints are broken along the foundation direction, the foundation settlement joints need to be treated separately, including cantilever type and double-wall type.
The following parts of the building shall be provided with settlement joints:
(1) The turning point of the building plane;
(2) Where the height or load is different;
(3) The length-to-height ratio of appropriate parts of masonry load-bearing structures or reinforced concrete structures is too large;
(4) Build the boundaries of the house in stages.
Seismic joints and expansion joints divide the entire building into several simple, independent structural units with uniform stiffness. Seismic joints are set along the overall height of the building, and walls are set on both sides. Generally, seismic joints cannot be set on the foundation, but expansion joints, settlement joints and seismic joints need to be set in earthquake-resistant areas.
Set according to the requirements of seismic joints:
(1) The height difference of the building is more than 6m;
(2) The house has staggered floors, and the floor height difference changes greatly;
(3) The stiffness and mass of each part of the structure are quite different. When it must be set, its minimum width should meet the following requirements: the seismic fortification intensity of 6 degrees, 7 degrees, 8 degrees and 9 degrees should be widened by 20mm; the height should be increased by 5, 4, 3 and 2m every time;
Post time: 19-07-22