The purpose of building expansion joint cover is to solve the requirements of considering factors such as earthquake resistance and temperature changes when the longitudinal length of the building is too long, the layout is complicated, or the height and load of different parts of the same building vary greatly.
In order to prevent the additional pressure caused by the deformation and destruction of the building due to the longitudinal expansion and contraction of the building components or the uneven settlement of the foundation, the expansion joint cover that is vertically broken along the building is installed at the deformation-sensitive part, and the joint width is generally 70-100 mm. Problems in construction And reason
(1) The expansion joint cover garbage is not cleaned up, which affects the stress and deformation of the building, and brings hidden dangers to the safety of the building.
(2) During the construction, the insulation material blocked by the expansion joint cover between the middle layer and the layer is not tightly sealed and does not meet the insulation requirements. Due to the large temperature difference between the inside and outside of the wall on both sides of the expansion joint cover (usually 240 walls), condensed water is easily generated and attached to the wall. In severe cases, the walls on both sides will be damp and swell for a long time, causing the plaster layer to fall off.
(3) The indoor floor horizontal expansion joint cover is only filled with thermal insulation material, and it is not waterproofed or the gap on both sides of the cover is not tightly sealed, and the floor on both sides of the joint is uneven, causing water on the floor to flow into the joint along the gap on both sides of the expansion joint cover. Cracks and pollutes the wall.
(4) The outer side of the vertical expansion joint cover is usually galvanized iron sheet, which is easy to fall off due to irregular installation, which affects the function and appearance of the external wall. Improvement measures In response to the above problems, we have adopted the following improvement measures during the construction process and achieved good results.
1) When pouring slabs or columns, directly fill in with benzene slabs of the same slit width, which will naturally form horizontal and vertical insulation belts.
2) Clean up the rubbish at the joints in time as an acceptance process; in the technical clarification, operators are required to avoid dropping bricks and concrete mortar residues into the joints as much as possible.
3) Before installing the outer gusset, make waterproof treatment along the expansion joint cover to prevent wet steam from leaking out and prevent wall pollution and paint peeling off.
4) Before installing the indoor horizontal expansion joint cover, make a layer of waterproofing along the horizontal joint. The prevention layer should be spread to both sides of the wall or floor slab not less than 150 mm.. Seal the gap on both sides of the cover. The traditional expansion joint cover gusset plate is usually galvanized iron sheet, and the plaster between the iron sheet and the wall is not easy to be smooth and rough, which affects the appearance, and there are many problems that should not be dealt with. There is now a new method of constructing expansion joint covers. The new expansion joint cover device avoids many problems in construction. The installation is simple, can increase the beauty of the building, and the effect is good.
During construction, by strengthening process inspections, controlling hidden dangers caused by human factors, strengthening and improving the details and weak parts of the building expansion joint cover, so as to reduce the occurrence of the above problems, increase the appearance of the building, improve the use of functions, and achieve good results .
Post time: 23-08-21