Metal Floor Expansion Joint
Hanyi expansion joint is designed for interior and exterior applications. The aluminum center plate spans the two support bases. The turn bar allows for thermal movement of up to 100% of its joint width.
Fire barrier and water barrier provides the solution for project's waterproof and fire retardant needs.
The center plate can be stainless steel plate or aluminum plate. This type of expansion joint is often applied in the shopping malls, office buildings and airports.
Installation and construction technology of expansion joint cover
Modular bridge expansion devices are prefabricated and assembled in the factory. If the entire bridge expansion joint cover is too long to be transported or needs to be installed in stages, it can be welded and assembled on site.
(1) Slotting with a pneumatic pick. The width and depth of the reserved grooves should meet the requirements of the drawings, and the asphalt concrete and cement concrete in the grooves should be cleaned, and the hair should be chiseled to the hard layer, and the floating dust and other debris should be removed.
(2) Clean up the construction base surface, straighten out and adjust the pre-embedded steel bars in the trough, and repair the leaks or breaks.
(3) The telescopic device is correctly in place. Set up the lifting equipment at the notch, and place the expansion device in the reserved groove, and its longitudinal center line coincides with the center line of the bridge seam.
(4) Use a gantry hanger or a horizontal hanger to make the top surface of the telescopic device fit the channel steel, and correct it to coincide with the prepared asphalt concrete pavement. After the elevation and straightness of the expansion device are adjusted to meet the design requirements, the two ends can be temporarily fixed, the straightness is adjusted along the center line of the expansion joint and spot welding is performed, and the two sides are welded symmetrically.
(5) After the telescopic device is accurately in place, weld the anchor steel bar on one side and the embedded steel bar in the reserved groove to ensure the longitudinal fixation of the telescopic device. When welding the anchor bars, be careful not to arbitrarily weld the side beams and the center beams to prevent the steel beams from being twisted and deformed.
(6) 4~5 φ14 steel bars are installed in the grooves on both sides. Except for welding with the anchor ring and anchor nail connection of the expansion device, the rest are tied with iron wires. After the expansion device is anchored, remove the positioning steel plate on the top surface of the expansion device, cut off the positioning bolts, smooth it with a grinding wheel, and apply zinc oil.
(7) Arrange anti-cracking steel mesh on both sides of the expansion device, and the specifications of the mesh should ensure that the concrete on the upper side of the support box is firm and does not crack.
(8) Set the bridge end template and the expansion device template. The template should be made according to the size of the expansion device and the gap of the reserved groove. The template should be made relatively tight to prevent the mortar from flowing into the displacement control box or the gap between the beam ends.
(9) In order to prevent concrete from falling on the side beams, middle beams or sealing strips and soiling the sliding surface below, a layer of iron or other plates can be laid on the surface of the telescopic device for protection.
(10) C50 steel fiber concrete is used for pouring, and the concrete around the expansion device must be fully mixed and filled without voids and gaps. The concrete pavement should be flush with the top surface of the expansion device.
(11) After the concrete has initially set, remove all the formwork and water it to keep in good health. After the cement concrete strength reaches the design requirements, the relevant parts are cleaned, and finally the baffle is covered.